Thursday, January 5, 2012

Changes in 2012; No More Prints and Painting over Paintings

 As a new year begins, I know deep in my soul that it's time for a change. After a year of pretty intense family care giving, I'm finally able to refocus on my art. Last week I took down two solo shows and was able to spend some time with all of my art back in the studio. It's pretty crowded in there. I need a clean palette to engage in a new body of work. So...


#1 Effective now, I will no longer be offering fine art prints. The prints I have in stock are all half price while they last. I have no plans to reorder and I will not be making prints of new originals in the foreseeable future. At this time, I feel it's more important for me to focus on creating new work.


#2 It's time to paint over my paintings. Many of you are aware that I prefer to paint over my paintings rather than start on a blank canvas. In the way we grow and change for the better throughout our lives, so do my paintings. In fact, I feel many of my best pieces are the second or third painting on the canvas. I love the way color and texture layers new over old and yet, at times, allows the old to speak into the new creation. I have plenty of blank canvas to work on as well and I am excited to get started creating on whatever calls out to me. 


If you have an interest in a print or an existing original, I'm holding an open studio on Friday, January 6 from 6-9 as part of Lowertown First Friday.  If one of my original works has been speaking to you but the timing isn't right, we can work out a payment plan. Come on down and say goodbye to a body of work that has served its purpose and is ready to be born again.


Blessings and Peace in the New Year,
DeAnne


Jax Building
253 E 4th St , studio 306
St Paul, MN 55101
www.artdeanne.com  for links to maps
or call 612-616-5040 to arrange for a private showing

No comments:

Post a Comment